Planet Carlton

Gentle Reader -- You are welcome to peruse my web-based journal. I assure you that my contributions to this medium will be both infrequent and inconsequential. Read on!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, January 28, 2008

BOTH SIDES OF HIS MOUTH

I heard this on the radio this morning, and I just had to look it up. Regarding the vote on the FISA bill today:

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) . . . observed succinctly: "It’s not about frightening the American people. The American people should be frightened and remember full well what happened on 9/11."

[Edited to remove some silliness that took away from the utter inanity of the quote.]

It's hard to replicate this in the laboratory. I tried to come up with a snappy line to parrot the internal anti-logic of the quote, but nothing is better than the thing itself.



Comments by: YACCS